Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This is About the Rap Music

I have no explanation for the low moods that plant themselves in my mind sometimes.  They are random and groundless and often leave me confused and a little lost.  The hardest part is trying to explain myself to other people when this happens, since problems usually have sources, and you are expected to reveal them when someone asks "what's wrong?"  My mumbled "nothing" is usually met with skepticism, which I know is not unmerited, but I don't know what else to say.  Nothing is wrong, I'm just like this.  In a couple days I won't be.

However, I have managed to find a couple things to temporarily relieve these fits of melancholy when they present themselves.  They are frivolous things, like finding an open road I can drive down at an unreasonable speed (which, thank you Oxford, for having an abundance of those), making myself cookies (I'm munching on a batch of no-bakes right now), or playing hidden object games online.  By far the best Band-Aid, though, is watching hip hop and rap music videos on YouTube.  Seriously.  And the worse they are, the better.

The classic one I always turn to is "Ghost Ride Ya Whip" by Mistah Fab.  It is, quite simply, the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.


Honestly, watch that and not laugh.  Here's another one:

You know this one's a little older because he references Myspace.  Even so, "Shake them dice and role 'em"?  That's poetry.

So that's how I make myself feel better.  I'll end this post with one more video, this time from Cee Lo Green, who I actually listen to even when I feel fine.  He's great.

No comments: