Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

S is for...

"Shadow Stabbing" by CAKE

You get into interesting territory with people when you try to decide what something means, be that something a poem, the grand finale of a television show, or a song.  This song in particular has some interesting theories to go with it.  To me this song is about writing, but maybe that's just because writing is what I do.

CAKE as a band is also interesting to me because the people I meet who like them are never the ones I expect.  One of my classmates from high school was always blasting heavy metal in his headphones, but guess who was playing on his MySpace page (back when that was a thing)?  CAKE.  My elbow patch coat-wearing English professor who literally spoke in metaphor?  Huge CAKE fan.  They appeal to everyone, I guess.

That's all I've got for this one, really.  Sorry it's short.

1 comment:

Coffee Lovin' Mom said...

Hi Heather, visiting from the challenge..plan to listen to all your songs. Great theme~