Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y is for...

"You're the Inspiration" by Chicago


So, when I was an undergrad this boy I liked who liked my roommate gave me a mix CD with this song on it.  I said something about wanting to find some new music, and he felt the same, so we ended up trading a couple CDs with things we liked.  Mine were mostly punk and ska, and his were indie acoustic such-and-such mixed with older songs like this.

When I went home for winter break, I played his CDs in my car to get to know what was on them.  One night my friends and I hung out I had picked everyone up, and when it came time to drop one of them off, he cautioned the rest of us to be very quiet because his mother would otherwise get annoyed.  Of course, all that did was make us louder.

This song came on right as he was getting out of the car, and as he approached his door, the chorus was playing.  So I did what any good friend would do: I rolled down my windows and cranked that chorus for all it was worth.  I belted out "YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION!" like the total jerk I am.  Then I rolled up my windows and pulled away as quickly as possible.

Later on he said that his mother didn't hear us, either, so really, everybody won.

1 comment:

Ro @ Eat Live Move said...

Fun post! Sharing CDs are a great way to learn about new genres. I hope you enjoyed the challenge!


Eat Live Move: Intuitive Eating from A to Z!